Lifetime Warranty on all Treated Components
Every Cook Portable Warehouse is built from pressure treated materials. The pressure treated lumber we use enables Cook to extend a lifetime warranty on every building against fungal decay or termite damage. Simply stated, if the pressure treated lumber in your Cook Portable Warehouse is ever damaged by fungal decay or termites, Cook will replace the damaged lumber free of charge.
50-Year Siding Manufacturer’s Warranty
In addition, our buildings feature Cook exclusive 19/32″ shallow groove LP SmartSide siding. Because of the unique treatment process, this product carries a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
5-Year Fix-it-all Labor & Materials Warranty
Furthermore, every Cook Portable Warehouse sold — new or pre-owned — comes with a 5-year Labor and Materials Warranty that covers defects in workmanship and materials during the first five years of ownership (normal wear and acts of God excluded).
30-Year Shingle Manufacturer’s Warranty
All of the shingles used on Cook buildings are grade “A” shingles and carry a 30-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
Dare to compare!
- Lowest Price Guarantee If you find any same size building offering all the features in this brochure at a lower price, now, or even up to 6 months following your purchase, we will be happy to reduce our price by 50%. We guarantee that you are getting the best value.
- Written Lifetime Warranty All Cook buildings come with a lifetime warranty against termites and decay on all pressure treated lumber.
- Five Year Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty covers defects in workmanship or materials of any kind during the first 5 years of ownership (normal wear and tear and acts of God exluded).
- Vented Ridge Venting the roof at its peak along the ridge provides superior ventilation. This technique helps prevent damage to shingles and your stored property that may be caused by excessive heat and condensation.
- Roof Decking 7/16” OSB is used for roof decking because it is manufactured with heat resistant glues that prevent delamination and warping.
- Drip Edge Aluminum drip edge prevents water damage to roof decking from siphoning of water along the edge of the shingles.
- Gusseted Trusses 2×4 trusses are placed 24” on center and gusseted to add strength to the roof system to prevent sagging from the weight of snow and ice.
- Shallow Groove LP Smart Side enhances the aesthetic value of the buildings without sacrificing the strength and integrity of the 19/32” SmartSide siding material. The use of shallow grooves significantly reduces the possibility of delamination, separation, and warping.
- Double Studs The 2×4 wall studs are placed 24” on center with double studs where the sheets of siding meet. This technique provides a larger nailing surface, avoiding the lap joints, which prevents gaps and splitting at the joints.
- Fasteners Ring shank coated nails are used throughout sidewall construction to provide maximum holding strength against swelling and contracting caused by changes in the weather and humidity.
- Adjustable Tension Rods Two adjustable tension rods are installed on every door to prevent the doors from warping as the building ages and is exposed to the elements.
- Heavy Duty 6” Door Hinges Every door is installed with 3 heavy duty 6” zinc plated hinges to provide maximum strength and durability.
- Pressure Treated Lumber The use of pressure treated lumber for the entire floor system including skids, floor joists, and decking enable Cook to extend a lifetime warranty against decay and termite damage on all pressure treated lumber.
- Notched Floor Skids The 4×6” pressure treated floor skids are notched so the floor joists can be recessed into the skid providing strength and durability. This allows for movement of the building without causing damage to the floor system.
- Bridge Blocks are installed between the floor joists where the sheets of plywood floor decking meet to provide superior support.
- Pulling Blocks are installed and holes are drilled at each end of the centermost skids to help prevent damage if and when the building ever needs to be moved.